How to expand your Blair Digital Chanter
**All downloaded software is optional, complimentary, and add-on to the Blair Digital Chanter. Please read: Use of Software Terms & Conditions.
1. Download the Blair Digital Bagpipes PC app V2.2. Mac | Windows (see requirements below)
2. Download the latest firmware and load into the app. V1.13.bdc (read below if your chanter is running v1.12)
3. Download Instruments, then load into app.
• Key of C Scottish Smallpipes
• Key of D Scottish Smallpipes
• Key of A Smallpipes extended fingering
• Key of A Chromatic Scottish Smallpipes Extended fingering
• Do (Breton) Bagpipes in the key of C
• Bb Practice Chanter with 2 Drones (Just Temperament)
• A Major Bagpipe
• E Major Bagpipe
• G Major Bagpipe
• Bb Practice Chanter with 2 Drones Just Temperament with ext. fingering
• Bb Practice Chanter with 2 Drones Chromatic with ext. fingering
• St Laurence O’Toole Practice Chanter
4. Connect Chanter via USB, and on Chanter menu select Advanced > Updater.
5. On the PC app press the ‘Update Chanter’ button.
*Important reading – Use of Software Terms & Conditions
The expansion files are complimentary and optional to install
PC App Software
Installation support (Windows) Every effort has been made to ensure software compatibility with your PC configuration. If there is an error, please contact.
Current Firmware | V1.14 – Adds fine increment pitch change and MIDI Grace note detection. (March 2021)
Download V1.14 – for all serial numbers except (see below)
Download B1.14 – for serial numbers starting with 2004XXX to 2101XXX
Only load this firmware if you wish to use the Pitch change and MIDI Grace note detection. There is no other change to firmware.
• Sensors.bdc ** for users running firmware v1.12 only (Advanced > Updater > Blair Pipe V1.12) Sensor values may change after updating. If so, install the following download only if your sensors have changed.
Instrument details – up to 6 additional instruments can be installed.
• Key of C Scottish Smallpipes Pitch 440hz-486Hz. 3 Drones (Bass, Baritone and Tenor Drone).
• Key of D Scottish Smallpipes Pitch 440hz-486Hz. 3 Drones, includes an additional Bass drone. * Use the Pan feature to create a wide, absorbing drone sound!
• Key of Bb Scottish Smallpipes Just Temperament. Adjustable pitch range 440-486Hz. Extended bagpipe fingering. (Ab, Cnat, F nat, G# sharp). Bass and Tenor Drone. This is the same instrument as Practice Chanter with drones.
• Key of A Scottish Smallpipes with extended fingering (A#, Cnat, Fnat, G#) and additional drone. Pitch 440Hz
• Key of A Chromatic Scottish SmallpipesExtended fingering (A#, Cnat, Fnat, G#) 440-486Hz
• Do (Breton) Bagpipes in the key of C Pitch 440-486Hz. This bagpipe is using the G1 Do Bagpipe Chanter. Base pitch is 447hz, ‘B’ (as Highland pipers may refer to the fingering) is the fundamental note of this bagpipe.
• A Major Bagpipe Pitch 440-486Hz with extended bagpipe fingering. (Ab, Cnat, F nat, G# sharp).
• E Major Bagpipe Pitch 440-486Hz, standard fingering. 2 Drones.
• G Major Bagpipe Pitch 440-486Hz, standard fingering. 2 Drones.
• Bb Practice Chanter with 2 Drones Just Temperament. Adjustable pitch range 440-486Hz. Extended bagpipe fingering. (Ab, Cnat, F nat, G# sharp). Bass and Tenor Drone.
• Bb Practice Chanter with 2 Drones Chromatic. Adjustable pitch range 440-486Hz. Extended bagpipe fingering. (Ab, Cnat, F nat, G# sharp). Bass and Tenor Drone. The Chromatic scale is best identified by a sharper sounding High G, which blends in with Chromatic instruments such as Piano etc.
• St Laurence O’Toole Practice Chanter this instrument features the world famous St.Laurence O’Toole Pipe Band, using their very own practice chanter sound. Download, install and play along with a world champion band.
* Depending on instrument size and extended fingering, some instruments may use more storage memory which will reduce the number of additional instruments that can be installed.
* Firmware v1.13 required for all additional instruments.
* Load all instruments at once into your chanter.
* Multiple Bagpipes can now be installed into your chanter if using Blair Bagpipes PC app v2.2 with firmware v1.13 installed into your chanter.